Monday, December 18, 2006

Brussel Sprouts




For those of you that already know my Mom, you know how wonderful she is. Many of you that haven’t already met my Mom, will have a mere glimpse into how kind and caring she is from the next statement. I had Brussel sprouts for the FIRST TIME in my life last Tuesday night. Yes, many of you can’t believe that I wasn’t subjected to them as a child, and yes, I know my Mom rocks for not having made me eat them as a kid.
At any rate, everyone complains about them soooo much that I figured I should try them. I was making a beer-can chicken in my oven and figured it would be nice to have some roasted veggies along side. I cut up some potatoes, parsnips, carrots and Brussel sprouts. I tossed the veggies in some olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary and cooked them in a pan beside the chicken for a little over an hour. I’ll admit that the smell leaves a little to be desired but Brussel sprouts really aren’t bad at all. All of you Brussel Sprout lovers feel free to leave a comment. Be proud of your love for the sprout!

1 comment:

Clay Coyote Pottery and Gallery said...

beer can chicken at its best:
http://claycoyote.com/blog/2006/11/exclusively-from-clay-coyote-pottery.html