Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cooking Club Manifesto

Okay, so a Manifesto clearly sounds like I'm taking myself too seriously. But the point of this entry is to give you and idea of what you'll find at Stu's Cooking Club and why. I have always loved cooking. I started cooking as a child when my Dad and I would get up early on the weekend and make breakfast together. Since starting off with French toast and pancakes my interests have broadened a little bit but I still appreciate the beauty and simplicity of everyday food. I am not a professional cook, I have never been paid to cook. I cook because I like to, because it relaxes me, and because it is my creative endeavor.

This blog will outline my experimentation with food. It will be food I cook, eat, hear about, watch on the food network or order in a restaurant. The areas of diet and health are fair game as well. My objective is to learn and share my knowledge about food, cooking, cuisines and cultures. The food doesn’t have to be exotic, sometimes the simplicity of a great sandwich or hot dog is worthy. There is no food snobbery allowed. In a few minutes I'll post something about what I made for dinner last night. I hope you enjoy reading my blog and come back for another helping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stu - Congrats on your inaugural blog. As your sister, I've been on the receiving end of many of your culinary experiments and can attest that you have the "cred" to author a cooking blog. I can't wait to see your future posts - particularly those involving a BBQ or smoker. Let those creative juices flow, bud-day! D.