Sunday, October 11, 2009

Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken

Since it's the fall and I'm short on time the slow cooker is the solution. A bunch of people have been talking about it over the last few days. So I'll be adding a couple of my favourite slow cooker recipes over the next few days.

I found this recipe in the October issue of Canadian Family. I hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp ground cumin
2-3 tbsp yellow or red curry paste
1/2 tbsp ground cardamom
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
3/4 cup coconut milk
8 skinless, bone-in chicken drumsticks and thighs (approx 3 lbs)

Directions
1. Melt butter and pour in slow cooker. Stir in all ingredients except chicken.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker. Turn to coat.
3. Cook on high setting for two and a half hours or low for 5 hours.

I suggest serving it with some naan bread, rice and perhaps some roasted veggies.

No comments: